Why I Call Myself the Human Unicorn
So here I am again. I can hardly believe it myself but yes, this is two days in a row of writing a blog post. As mentioned yesterday, I'm sharing a little about moi today. So really all this is going to be is a bulleted list of some interesting or not so interesting facts about this particular artist, who totally calls herself The Human Unicorn. I have my reasons...
- I'm a redhead. Wikipedia fact: Red hair appears most commonly in people with two copies of a recessive allele on chromosome 16 which produces an altered version of the MC1R protein. Hear that? Altered version. Mutant. Yep, and proud of it.
- I have blue eyes and red hair. Yep, even more of a mutant. Only 1% of the population has this combination.
- I'm a middle kid.
- I have a little OCD, a little ADHD and anxiety. Tell me an artist who DOESN'T have that??
- I'm 5'3".
- I'm IRISH. OK, maybe a quarter. But it feels 100% to me. I think there's some Scottish in there too. And some English. Ancestry DNA test to prove it all very soon.
- I started creating art "for reals" about 4 years ago.
- I LOVE CREATING MY ART and I'm always thinking "outside the box". Mad scientist might be a word you'd use if you saw me in my "sunroom-a-studio". and OH... I always COLOR OUTSIDE THE LINES!
- I title all of my art with music titles. Some of the earlier pieces I've done do not have song titles but now it's all I do.
- I love Steven Tyler. Yes. I love him. Yes, I'm married. "Dream On".
- I listen to classic rock most of the time. I love classic rock. But I also love music in most every form - except rap. No rap.
- I cry at tear jerkers.
- I spent the bulk of my career in legal technology in varied positions, mostly technical and management.
- I spent the last 9 years owning a website and graphic design business.
- I'm burned out on technology. (Aren't we all these days?)
- I have very Southern roots. Spent every.single.summer in Kentucky as a kid.
- I have a long history of creativity in most anything you can imagine - drawing, painting, crafts, knitting (yes, I said knitting), needlepoint, sewing, interior decorating, furniture flipping, logo creation, graphic creation, wedding invitations - I think I ran the gamut.
- My first creative project that I remembering adoring and was so proud of was a turquoise toothpick sculpture. I think I was in the 7th grade or maybe earlier. My mom kept it forever. Dang, I wonder what happened to that?
- I have the most incredible husband in the world. His name is Chuck. He is my soulmate, my best friend, my true love. Forever and ever, Amen.
- I have 4 kids. 2 Natural, 2 Step. Love them all insanely.
- I have 3 grandkids. None natural. I love them insanely too.
- I have furry children. 2. A highly intelligent lab-golden-hound mix - aka HRH "The Princess" and a dumber than a box of rocks completely loveable gallute purebred black lab - aka HTS - "Hanna the Stupid". I love them insanely too.
- I have aspired to retire to my art for the last year. And it just happened. Full time artist. Wheeeeee.
I'm pretty transparent, would you agree? Leave me a comment and ask me a question. But no truth or dare... I'm all about truth but there are some things......